- UCV does not require users to install Flash.
- Find CV activity categories by using the center navigation drop-down menu, or by using the CV Activity Search box.
- (e.g. Searching for the term “teaching” will display activity categories that either have “teaching” in the title or in example text, which includes other names (or aliases) for that term.
- UCV uses a “soft delete” process that allows users to “un-delete” previously removed entries.
- Export a CV document by clicking on the “Reports” menu and select the desired CV format and document type.
- Save & Clone entries by hovering over the “Save” button and choose to “Save”, “Save and Add Another” or “Save and Clone”.
- After 60 minutes of being on the same page, a popup appears warning users that they have been idle and they should attempt to extend their login session.
- Click “Extend” to continue working.
- If too much time has elapsed since the notification, the system will prompt the user to save their work and re-login which brings the user back to the same page they were on.
CV Category Updates
- Updated to guide users to know how to categorize their entries.
- University Hospitals & Clinics and Health Sciences service levels were combined to be University of Utah Health.
- Ad Hoc/Site Visit category is now called Site Visits.
- Department/Division Conferences is now called Internal Teaching Experience.
- Several new categories were created (e.g. Quality and Value Improvement Projects, Training, In the Media).
- Use the Presentation category for Poster Presentations, Industrial Presentations, and Outreach Presentations instead of Publications and Service.
- NIH Biosketch report added based on user feedback. NOTE: You will need to export to MS Word to make the final edit.
- Patents are entered under Intellectual Property instead of under Publications.
- Other Educational Activities is now Additional Teaching Contributions.
- Other Scholarly Activities is now Additional Research/Scholarship Contributions.
- A single Biographical Statement for displaying biographies on faculty profiles, NIH Biosketches, Find a Doctor and department websites.
- Categories are displayed in reverse chronological order.
Click here to view SOM CV to U-CV Map
Release: May 15, 2020
Flags (Show in CV, Biosketch, Show on profiles) added to grid pages
Fixed issues with institutional records in Courses Taught
- For more release note information click here.
- Additional SOM and Master Display CV format changes
- NIH Biosketch: Update to the most current version.
For SOM faculty, to add a photo to the system or change an existing one, please email an electronic version in a high-resolution .jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, concerns or other feedback, please contact the UFIS team directly at Academic-IT-Help@utah.edu