Click here to view the SOM CV to U-CV Map.
This map shows where each category on the SOM CV format can be found in the U-CV system.
- Find CV activity categories by using the center navigation drop-down menu or by using the CV Activity Search box.
- (e.g., searching for the term “teaching” will display activity categories that either have “teaching” in the title or in example text, which includes other names (or aliases) for that term.
- UCV uses a “soft delete” process that allows users to “un-delete” previously removed entries.
- Export a CV document by clicking on the “Reports” menu and select the desired CV format and document type.
- Hover over the “Save” button and choose to “Save,” “Save and Add Another,” or “Save and Clone”.
- After 60 minutes of being on the same page, a popup appears warning users that they have been idle and they should attempt to extend their login session.
- Click “Extend” to continue working.
- If too much time has elapsed since the notification, the system will prompt the user to save their work and re-login, which brings the user back to the same page they were on.
CV Category Updates
- Updated to guide users to know how to categorize their entries.
- University Hospitals & Clinics and Health Sciences service levels were combined to be University of Utah Health.
- Department/Division Conferences is now called Internal Teaching Experience.
- Several new categories were created (e.g., Quality and Value Improvement Projects, Training, In the Media).
- Use the Presentation category for Poster Presentations, Industrial Presentations, and Outreach Presentations instead of Publications and Service.
- Patents are entered under Intellectual Property instead of under Publications.
- Other Educational Activities is now Additional Teaching Contributions.
- Other Scholarly Activities is now Additional Research/Scholarship Contributions.
For info on previous releases, click here.
- Appointment detail report (previously ‘Appointments & Affiliations’)
- Other updates and improvements
Adding or Updating a Profile Photo
To add or update an existing photo, please submit a request through the UFIS Help Center. Include the faculty member’s or provider’s name and uNID and attach a high-resolution photo in .jpg format.
Updating Your Find A Doc Profile
Click here for information on how to update your FAD profile.
If you have any questions, concerns, or other feedback, please submit a request through the UFIS Help Center.