FAR & Profile Training
Please contact our team at Academic-IT-Help@utah.edu to schedule training.
This training is for faculty members and those who support their “Activity Reports” and Profiles. It will guide you through the system and the minimum profile requirements for all Tenure and Career-Line Faculty.
Welcome to the FAR login page
On the right, you’ll notice links to login to your Annual Faculty Activity Report (FAR), your Faculty Profile, and other links for administrators.
Click “Support” in the top menu to see frequently asked questions, and more information about the faculty tools that we support.
As always, your feedback is appreciated. Let us know what you think, send us an email at Academic-IT-Help@utah.edu.
What is a FAR?
The term FAR has been used across the university to reference a suite of 5 primary web tools all aimed at collecting and reporting faculty activity data. Most commonly, a faculty member refers to the FAR as the annual activity reporting process, while others think of it as their web profile.
This confusion is mostly due to the different usage of these tools as required by the Dean of each college (see usage by the college).
FAR is made up of these five tools:
- Annual Faculty Activity Report
- Faculty Profiles
- Find a Researcher
- FAR Aggregate and Individual Reporting (for college and department admins)
- FAR Self Service (a configuration tool for college and department admins)
A significant outcome of having a university-wide system like FAR is to have a master database where colleges and departments can aggregate activity data for use in:
- Annual performance evaluations and merit increases.
- Gathering data for college accreditation.
- A minimum faculty profile across all colleges and departments.
- A mechanism for pushing faculty profile data to college and department websites.
- A collaboration tool for finding other faculty members.