Click SUPPORT above to see frequently asked questions and more information about the other faculty tools we support.
The term FAR has been used across the university to reference a suite of 5 major web tools all aimed at collecting and reporting faculty activity data. Most commonly, faculty refer to FAR as the annual activity reporting process while others think of it as their web profile. This confusion largely occurs due to the varying use of these tools as required by the dean of each college (see usage by college).
FAR is made up of these 5 tools:
- Annual Faculty Activity Report
- Faculty Profiles
- Find a Researcher
- FAR Aggregate and Individual Reporting (for college and department admins)
- FAR Self Service (a configuration tool for college and department admins)
A major outcome of having a university-wide system like FAR is to have a master database where colleges and departments can aggregate activity data for use in:
- Annual performance evaluations and merit increases.
- Gathering data for college accreditation.
- A minimum faculty profile across all colleges and departments.
- A mechanism for pushing faculty profile data to college and department websites.
- A collaboration tool for finding other faculty members.
New and Improved:
Click Here for details