NOTICE: UCV Administrative Preview Environment
Any changes that you make in here during validation testing will not transfer back to FAR and will not be brought forward when UCV goes live.
Data Last Updated August 11, 2020
Thank you for your help to validate the UCV system!
August 11, 2020 Update
- Added Email Address section under Personal
- Updated Phone Number section adding new Preferred option and Show in Profile flag
- Added Selected Works from FAR
- Not in List updates for Degree Display Information
- Graduate Student Involvement flag fixes
- Updates to Help Text and Aliases
- Added URL field to Publications
- Update to options for Graduate Student Committees
- All previously entered data in FAR was automatically migrated to this staged testing environment.
- You can (and should!) enter false information into the system during your pilot testing without it impacting your real data. We value your feedback as it’s essential for us to make UCV successful.
- Please review the UCV main features page.
What we’re working on:
- Importing Publications: Scopus, Web of Science, Flat-file from Google Scholar download
- Business Relationship Reporting Section
- Titles Section: % FTE text field
- Sponsored Research and Research Funding: “Nuggets” section (do you want/need this functionality?)
- Directory Listing Information
- College-Specific CV Reports
- Additional College-Specific Reports
- Aggregate Data Reporting
- Annual Activity Reporting & Other Faculty-Centric Processes (TBD)
Where we need your help:
We ask that you take note of any impressions, pain points and suggestions while using the system. Here are a few questions to help begin your feedback:
- Were you able to navigate menus to find activity categories by using the top navigation menu and the search box?
- Can you add a new service entry, and did you find the screens intuitive?
- Can you download publications, and did you find the screens intuitive?
- Can you view a CV and export it in the formats you need?
- If you’re setup to do so, can you switch to a different faculty member to update their information?
- When using the search menu to find where to enter a specific activity, was the definition or example text helpful for you to know where to input a particular activity?
- Can you find where to add a new course lecture and enter one successfully?
- Do you have a CV activity that you can’t determine where it should be viewed/entered?
If you encounter bugs that prevent you from doing your testing, please let us know as soon as possible. Otherwise, please compile your feedback and send it to Academic-It-Help@utah.edu.
PLEASE CONTACT UNIVERSITY FACULTY INFORMATION & SUPPORT (UFIS) IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Use our instant chat or email us at ACADEMIC-IT-HELP@UTAH.EDU