University of Utah Enterprise CV System – UCV
The University CV system (UCV) replaces the MBM CV tool and FAR (Faculty Activity Report) databases. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive view of every change (there have been so many!), but a highlight to help users get familiar with the system quickly.
Please contact University Faculty Information & Support (UFIS) via instant chat or by the details below if you have any questions.
|Krista Kendall, Business Systems Analystemail@example.com|
|Mily Iriarte-Ahon, Technical Support Analystfirstname.lastname@example.org|
1. Navigation Options
- UCV does not require users to install Flash.
- Find CV activity categories by using the center navigation drop-down menu, or by using the CV Activity Search box.
- (e.g. Searching for the term “teaching” will display activity categories that either have “teaching” in the Title or in example text, which includes other names (or aliases) for that term.
- UCV uses a “soft delete” process that allows users to “un-delete” previously removed entries.
- Exporting a CV document by clicking on the “Reports” menu and select the desired CV format and document type.
- Save & Clone entries by hovering over the “Save” button and choose to “Save”, “Save and Add Another” or “Save and Clone”.
2. Timeout notifications
- After 60 minutes of being on the same page, a popup appears warning users that they have been idle and they should attempt to extend their login session.
- Click Extend to continue working.
- If too much time has elapsed since the notification, the system will prompt the user to save their work and re-login which brings the user back to the same page that they were on.
3. CV Category Updates
- Updated to guide users to know how to categorize their entries.
- University Hospitals & Clinics and Health Sciences service levels were combined to be University of Utah Health.
- Ad Hoc/Site Visit category is now called Site Visits.
- Department/Division Conferences is now called Internal Teaching Experience.
- Several new categories were created (e.g. Quality and Value Improvement Projects, Non-Cited or Collaborations, Training, In the Media).
- Use the Presentation category for Poster Presentations, Industrial Presentations, and Outreach Presentations instead of Publications and Service.
- Patents are entered under Intellectual Property instead of under Publications.
- Other Educational Activities is now Additional Teaching Contributions.
- Other Scholarly Activities is now Additional Research/Scholarship Contributions.
- A single Biographical Statement for displaying biographies on faculty profiles, NIH Biosketches, Find a Doctor and department websites.
- Categories are displayed in reverse chronological order.
- Click here to view additional SOM CV category changes.